Monday, February 9, 2009

Season 3 - Day 4

I had a blast this weekend and cannot wait for the week to unfold. The rain has temporarily subsided, but it will be back tonight. It has been raining straight for the past four days, but I love it and want it to continue for the next three weeks. There is something tangential about nature giving back to a thirsty earth and people. As I look outside and see the snow capped mountains in the distance, I'm immediately reminded of how cyclical life can be.

As the years turn I find myself well past the crossroads of my youth, and can see the bigger picture for what it is. This past decade has brought forth adventures, challenges, and triumphs beyond my wildest dreams. It is times like this when I sit and smile about achieving goals and visiting places that were but a faint glimpse of opportunity the previous year. Truly I am bless and thankful for what I have received. As many a man would say, "There by the Grace of God go I."

In my early twenties I would have interpreted this saying to mean I deserve to be alive and experience life. I false sense of bravado that youth, inexperience, and sheer sophomoric pretenses could bring me anything I desired. As I grow more, travel the world, and partake in new ways of living, I see that thankfully ignorance is wasted on the young. Perhaps this way of life never vanishes completely, as modern society tries to sell its soul for mechanical wiz bang gadgets and internet dating. There is something to be said about the dichotomy of man, and how we've created so much, yet know so little. The Universe is a vast and ever expanding place, yet our corner of the galaxy feels so isolated and shunned. This of course begs the question, What if it is suppose to be this way?

Science teaches us that nothing, not even the smallest living organism is useless. At some point everything has its place. The evolution theory also confirms this by suggesting that nothing is without purpose. Could it really be that we are isolated for a reason? The "media" could care less about larger concepts such as why the earth is so far away from the nearest star, and instead feels compelled to broadcast new images of a sexed up Miley Cyrus is a crude attempt to reclaim the mantle of "flash in the pan" from Brittney Spears, Ricky Martin, and yes Ashley Judd.

The second work week of February has begun and I am meeting it full stride. My to do list is encompassing tasks that will continue to keep me on the track to financial independence. I am in the process of setting up my non-profits first event, and pushing forward with a new plan to embark on creating tv shows. The day awaits and I am looking foward to accomplishing my goals.

No comments: